WPSLPGExhaust Gas Oxygen (EGO) sensor Information

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Aug 9 22:04:05 GMT 2000

>This brings up a good question: Is it safe to pull the plugs on
> an aluminum head while its hot?

Been doing that since the 60s

 I've always been taught that its
> trouble to do this, always wait until the engine cools before changing
> the spark plugs.

Just torque accordingly.
Use just a touch of antisieze, when installing a new plug.
The problem originally was the plugs.  Some of the early coatings """"
seemed""" very prone to gaulling.
Hot, snug, cold a little snugger.
Tech terms

> BobR.

> Programmer wrote:

> > Most spark plug catalogues have pictures of spark plug damage and
> > what the solution is on the back pages...

Wellll, I've seen some that I'd agrue with,
Some years ago Circle Track had a series of articles about reading spark
plugs, that was the best on only pics that I would take as absolute truth
Grumpy

reading for tuning gets into