SV: sorry, bit off topic - boats

espen hilde mwichstr at online.no
Sun Aug 20 20:50:27 GMT 2000

Try going to :http://www.screamandfly.com/message/
They like outboards but there are a lot of boat people there who like
mercury.
Be careful if you buy something used ,expecialy expensive hard to find
items......its often a reason why
they want to sell it....been there done that.....

The outboard ecus some are made by   http://www.fms-oem.com/home.htm
not easy to get the software from fms, if you buy 500ecus
maybe.........Matt Riddle at performance plus marine has it.......dont know
where he got it from...Mercruiser ecus are delco units,some discusion has
been made on them and
are in the arcives.Some romers has been that delco should release the
software but as I know 4 persons in US has it and one is Arisona speed and
marine.As I remember the cal on a 502 goes rich
on high rpms and increases injector pulse when knock .Map and no ego.
Espen Hilde

guys,
I know there are some on this list who are into boats.... (apologies to the
rest!)
I'm trying to find suppliers in the USA who will supply me with parts for
Mercruiser inboard/sterndrives and Mercury outboards. Prices here in the UK
are outrageous. Can anyone offer any suggestions (and URL if poss.).
On the EFi subject, what systems do the likes of Mercury and Mercruiser
use?
I've heard that they are GM derivatives - will they be the same system as
used on cars?
Any information or suggestions much appreciated, please e-mail me off-list
if appropriate.

Cheers

Rich.
rsrich at cwcom.net