Calibrating MAP sensors was:Re: Calibrating MAF

Glen Beard gbeard1 at nycap.rr.com
Sun Aug 27 06:22:18 GMT 2000

Carl Summers wrote:

> While I love the intense accuracy of a better sensor...I want to remind the
> diyers that Gm checks the baro on key off and key on to better insure a
> close mixture....makes it pretty tough when trying to datalog and scew the
> Gm unit....
>     I would like to see the diffs between Map sensors....especially some
> transfer functions of 1,2 and 3 bar stuff....ttyl

I hooked my 2 bar MAP sensor up to the A/C press connector (neither were
in use...) and read boost pressure in kPa from there.  I can tell you
that my 1 bar and my 2 bar sensors are not in cal with each other.  The
1 bar sensor constantly reads higher by about 15-20 kPa than the 2 bar
until I hit > 1 bar pressures.  They follow the same curves, though,
throughout their range.

I wonder how hard it would be to fabricate a higher accuracy sensor with
a 0-5vdc output?

--
Glen Beard  95 T/A conv M6
355, Vortech, heads, cam...