Autronic crank/cam timing problem? PT 2

Carl Summers InTech at writeme.com
Mon Aug 28 07:42:29 GMT 2000

Hi,
    One other thing...I think I understand you correctly...but just to
clarify....The 60 degree is supposed to be on the cam so the Autronics only
sees one pulse and knows tdc compression stroke of #1 is near then the crank
trigger pulse fires the module(Autronic controlled) which fires the
coil.....Please forgive if I am wrong....most apps we use a distributor with
2 reluctors and pickups...one has one reluctor "window" for its pickup 60
degress from the other which has 8 "windows" for its pickup.....we have done
the crank trigger and if memory serves me this could be why you are having a
prob. HTH's
-Carl Summers