data collection and storage.....

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu Aug 31 15:32:24 GMT 2000

Ready made or do-it-yourself?  You can pick the flavor of
microcontroller you like (PIC, Atmel, 68xx, ARM, 8051) and find one with
the number of A/D inputs you need.  Some will have enough on chip memory
to store the data, some (like PIC) will need to have an external SRAM.
Pick one with a UART also, and you can dump the data to a PC when you're
finished.

--steve

espen hilde wrote:

> Hi! My son has started driving boat curcuit racing ....I want to store datas from speed (map 2.5bar)
> (top speed 40knots) exhaust temp (egor?).trottle position,engine rpm, coolant temp,
> 5 channels + some for things I have forgot that is important.20min storage is enough.
> I would prefer to not have a laptop inside this little v buttom .
> any thoughts or suggestions ?
> Espen

Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com