Wierd application, hypothetical question.

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:35:09 GMT 2000

Mark,
I'm an ME too so I share your pain. As far as this idea, it is totally
possible, i used to work with a solenoid valve company that had these type
of coils. Of course the testing that I witnessed was all controlled by a pc
but I don't see why some pots on a breadboard wouldn't work. Not being an EE
nor into diesels, I have to ask, why not use a pure mechanical system that
uses the positive intake pressure to displace a piston and thus move the
cam? Something similar to a rising rate Fuel pressure regulator on a gas
turbo car?
Justin