Wierd application, hypothetical question.

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 19:08:51 GMT 2000

Ahh now we metnion the mighty VW, these are close to my heart(if you
couldn't tell by my e-mail addy) The new vw turbodiesel is indeed capable or
over 150hp, the new european model in fact has 150hp from the factory, of
course they also use a variable vane turbo. Lots of neat tech in those cars.
   Back to the stepper motor, the control circuit would be pretty easy,
should be able to make a simple look-up table that says for these engine
parameters (which I am not sure what is measured on a diesel) and then move
the stepper motor a certain amount. The movement of the stepper motor would
be the easy part as control circuits are out there, the look-up table beyond
my knowledge right now but check the archives.
As far as the linkage to the control pin, might not be as hard as you think,
lots of options, workm drive, simple rack and pinion or even a simple screw
drive. I can envisiona few options, get me off-line if you want to discuss
further, I don't want to get this thread too far off topic.