Turbos in general.

John Dammeyer johnd at autoartisans.com
Sat Dec 9 03:48:01 GMT 2000

HI,

Played with the Java version and ordered the full blown [sic] version.  Very
impressive.  I used my SAAB 900T as the benchmark to figure out what values
to use and to determine if the data was correct.

I then tried the Honda VTEC 1600CC engine with Boost = 0 to create the same
HP values as we produced on the Dyno.  Easiest way to figure out VE for this
program.  Honda VTEC is truly in the 92% range whereas the SAAB was more
along the line of 75%.  Shows what a race CAM can do for an engine.

Once I had the baseline Honda values of 130HP at 6700RPM I just added boost
(6 PSI) and an intercooler till I had the 165HP I was targeting.  Ideally
we'll probably set the Honda up much like the SAAB where takeoff and
climbout at full Power (Wide Open Throttle) will ask for 6PSI Boost and less
than 80% throttle will drop to 3 PSI boost to remain conservative.  Pilots
don't like to fall out of the sky.

Thanks for the link.  Pretty cool.

John Dammeyer