Speed Pro/ESC question

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Dec 13 22:55:11 GMT 2000

> 2) just how "tuned" are the ESC unit/knock sensor combos? What Harry at
> Precision Turbo is recommending is a mid-80's turbo Buick (V6) ESC
> module, and this will be installed on a mid-80's Toyota turbo 4. These
> engines have different acoustical characteristics, but maybe this isn't
> too critical since the system is using mid-80's technology?
> As always, I am appreciative of whatever input  anyone is willing to
> share.
> Jeff Moskovitz

When around Harry, I shut up sit down, and listen,  then ask as many
guestions as he is willing to answer.   He for sure knows his stuff.

I would up using a mid 80s ESC N/A v6 module for my SBC, when running a C3
ecm
I would imagine it's slightly less sensitive then the others, based on what
I've experienced.
There is a thing as being too sensitive.  Which is what my problem was, I
had 0 trace of any detonation using the v-8 KS (87 GM 350 PU), with the 80s
ESC module.
Bruce