Paxton experiences? what's best bang/buck pump??

Ross Corrigan 280zx at home.com
Sun Dec 17 01:39:42 GMT 2000

At 03:39 PM 12/15/00 , you wrote:
>The TT Supra pump is good for about 450-475 RWHP from the factory and
>they're available here in the states for under $200. Walbro pumps are
>cheaper and also flow very well but their durability has been questioned
>more than once. YMMV of course
>
>Other pumps known to flow very well are 93+ RX-7, 300ZX TT, 3000GT VR4
>but they are know to be costly.
>
>Rob_O

thanks Rob, most of those are intank pumps for the OE app's. I do need good
quality for my 24/365 driver.  Anyone have any experiences with Paxton
units? A net friend in US has a paxton
"Advertised to deliver 1100 HP worth of
fuel @45 psi (should be enough fer ya ;-) It is a bit large though...about 3"
dia and mabey 6" long w/ -10 ports. I also have a matching (replaceable
element) fuel filter.
"

I can get for ~$150US.  As well is this a v. noisy pump?  He had it in a
noisy car so never knew.....

thanks (anyone know how sensitive the edelbrock 3500 system is to size of
fuel lines...it spec's 3/8's feed and 5/16's return...I have 5/16's feed
and a smaller return and would love to get away with out changing that...)
I also have a venting line I may be able to pair up as a return..not sure
on that one yet though)

thanks in advance
Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

mailto:280zx at home.com      ICQ # 11549358
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a
Z belongs