Paxton experiences? what's best bang/buck pump??

Ross Corrigan 280zx at home.com
Mon Dec 18 07:54:59 GMT 2000

thanks Steve/Andrew and Rob for your feedback. I'll definitely avoid the
paxton on noise factor alone.

I'll check into the Bosch pump's mentioned as well.

I looked at that GMECM web info and that's some great info posted
their.  Reviewed it all and wondering if pickign a pump can be as simple as
"I need 40pph max and 40psi", any pump that exceeds both specs by any
margin fits those needs?  I'm surprised at the max pressures listed for
some pumps. For ie. a 90's porsche pump spec's at 105-115psi max and 52
gals whereas an 80's VW pump specs at 70psi and 47 gals/hour.  I can't see
needing the 100+psi and maybe even see it as a hazard for hose clamp style
fittings?  Any tips on picking one out from the offerings?

thanks
Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

mailto:280zx at home.com      ICQ # 11549358
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a
Z belongs