DIY ceramic coating

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Mon Dec 18 15:41:14 GMT 2000

> Now, I would like to find a DIY ceramic coating. Something that I can
coat
> the interior and exterior of an aluminum intake manifold and bake in a
> conventional "kitchen" oven. I have seen the material on the net but no
> where to buy it. Not in small quantities anyway. Anyone know where it
can be
> bought in small quantities?

Wilk, for the ceramic coatings you can refer to
http://www.techlinecoatings.com/.

If you just have a single small part, have it sand blasted at low pressure
and send it to me.  I have the setup to apply and bake the coatings on.

If you do it yourself, you should be able to do a set of 4 pistons in
about 2 hours or less.  This is the type of job where you should do all
your parts at once.  To do an entire engine, you are looking at a full
day.  Maybe the experts are faster.

Hope this helps,
Jay