Large P&H Port Injectors

Anthony Buccellato clayb at sonic.net
Tue Feb 1 20:02:28 GMT 2000

1) The Rochester's
are not tolerant of substantially increased fuel pressure.  On a hot day,
with a 4/1 amp driver, do not expect to operate a Rochester at much over
about 55 psig without fear that it will fail to open against the
prevailing
internal hydraulic pressure.  Whereas,  I have been able to operate some
of
the Bosch injectors as high as 140psig, which allows a huge window of
tuning
opportunity down the road without having to fork over considerable $$$ for
new injectors.    2) At low base pulse widths, with a 4/1 amp driver,  the
Rochester's exhibit more irregularity and nonlinearity IMHO.

I'm glad you mentioned that. It doesn't take much imagination to foresee
an expensive motor explosion under boost, when the injector doesn't fail
to open entirely, but just reduces the fuel somewhat.

Sounds like Bosch is it.

Yes, some of the Bosch Motorsport injectors are available in stainless
steel
form (either internally or externally or both) for use with alcohol based
and other nasty fuels.  However, even though your application is for
marine
use sounds like you as using "gas" which should be compatible with normal
non-SS injectors.  Hopefully you don't have that much water in your fuel
:)

It's not the water in the fuel I'm worried about, it's water on the
outside of the injectors. With few exceptions, SS is generally the way to
go in a boat.

I'll look forward to the photos.

- Clay