LT1 with boost.

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Tue Feb 1 21:43:10 GMT 2000

> Two questions, then:
> 1) Why is an FMU required on a MAF car at all, then?  Shouldn't it just
see
> the amount of air going through and add the right amount of fuel
> "automagically"?

I think you might hit the archives, and get the address phone number that I
posted about gm training manuals, and or read the archives a few more times,
to get a better basic grasp of what your dealing with.

> 2) Are there MAF <-> FUEL tables anywhere in the PCM?  I've never seen
them
> in the '94/95 LT1 pcms.  Or is it just a formula?

MAFs don't use a fuel table, as you would think of/or seen like an ignition
one.  It is a "string" of corrections.
Try reading the 165 Hac at the ECMGUYs site
To get a grasp of what your looking at just don't look for LT1 answers, read
all you can about gm ecms, then figure out how it applies, to your
application.  Might sound like I'm playing with words there, but that is the
only way that I'm starting to get it.
Grumpy