DIY_EFI Digest V5 #52

Brandon at linnstate.edu Brandon at linnstate.edu
Fri Feb 4 16:41:16 GMT 2000

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF6F2E.A05981E4

I was a mechanic at a chevy dealer when the Vegas came out.  I might mention
that they won motor trends car of the year award, and GM built a new highly
automated plant to build them.  The motors could be made to live by putting
steel sleeves in them and I did quite a few of them.  The bodies rusted
worse than the motors blew up.  I spent many a night putting V8s in them and
tearing up the streets.  All in all GM learned a lot about building cheap
alum motors, it is a shame that the consumer had to pay for the experiment.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF6F2E.A05981E4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: DIY_EFI Digest V5 #52</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I was a mechanic at a chevy dealer when the Vegas =
came out.&nbsp; I might mention that they won motor trends car of the =
year award, and GM built a new highly automated plant to build =
them.&nbsp; The motors could be made to live by putting steel sleeves =
in them and I did quite a few of them.&nbsp; The bodies rusted worse =
than the motors blew up.&nbsp; I spent many a night putting V8s in them =
and tearing up the streets.&nbsp; All in all GM learned a lot about =
building cheap alum motors, it is a shame that the consumer had to pay =
for the experiment.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01BF6F2E.A05981E4--