sans cams

jefg at uswest.net jefg at uswest.net
Tue Feb 8 09:08:21 GMT 2000

I'm delurking to pass this on, I'm a bit behind on the
digests so hopefully this isn't a repeat.  This has been
around for a while, and is very intriguing.  Now, drive this
will stepper motors and you can adjust just about all the
cam variables (opening, durration, overlap) with your CPU on
the fly.

http://www.coatesengine.com/

BTW, I've heard from various sources that this may be one of
those deals where business management style may kill this
idea even if the technical challenges do not.  You'll notice
an overt lack of real detail.

Jeff          jefg at uswest.com