Material in turbo headers.

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Tue Feb 8 17:39:57 GMT 2000

I will have to do them myself and I have been a plumber before so I would
prefer to bend them with brute force and a welding torch. I should use 38mm
tubes but 42 gives me more choice in material, it probably keep them a bit
cooler too.

Stainless steel is hard for me to work with, I'm no TIG welder. I heard from
someone that CrMo tubes usually used for roll cages is a good choice. I get
ordinary seemless high pressure tubes for free, I think that they have some
strange composition, they don't rust half as much as ordinary tubes. My
consern is the peeling of the material that I have seen on tubes exposet for
high temp for a long time.

Since I move the turbo charger a bit and also change from KKK to Garret I
will _have_ to do the work my self. I can't send it away.

Jörgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden.