Holley TBI Injectors VS Pressure

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Tue Feb 8 22:37:20 GMT 2000

Shane;

The Holley B2 TBI injectors do not typically like a lot of static fuel
pressure.  I have never tested the #65's myself, but I have extensively
tested the #85's on my flow bench.  According to what I've read & heard,
both are constrained by the same limitations.  The basic problem is
associated with the fact that the internal ball and pintle rod are
magnetically "coupled", and that the internal hydraulic differential forces
(a product of increased fuel pressure) can become sufficient to separate the
two elements and cease flow entirely.

With a 4/1 amp driver, the #85's are happy puppies at 15psig when hot.
Roughly 18psig is the upper hot operating limit, with same.  Cold, on the
bench, the #85s will operate irregularly above 20'ish psig and will
completely shut-off at 26psig.

Not quite the same injector, but food for thought........

Walt.