Carter fuel pumps

Darren Floen dfloen at tbaytel.net
Wed Feb 9 08:07:52 GMT 2000

Hey all,can anyone tell me the specs of this pump? Carter P74017.
I still need a pump for my 4.3 TBI swap,and i've had this one kicking
around...just wondering if it'll supply enough pressure.

Also,i was told that my stock 45 PSI Toyota in tank pump will work,with
a ballast resistor or two in the power line..since the TBI has a
regulator.Will the excess fuel by-passing the injectors cause problems
for me?It'd be nice if i could use the Toyota pump,since its only a year
old....

Thanks all,this list has helped me alot...and i'm learning alot from it.

Please reply to : dfloen at tbaytel.net
--
Darren Floen
Thunderbay,Ontario

85 Toyota 4x4 Xtracab 4.3 TBI TH350
6" Custom lift,RS 9012's,Detroit+True Track
5.29's,Crossover steering,35" Boggers,glass bed
"Lotsa dents and scratches"

79 Dodge 'Lil Red Express Truck
Pro Street/Strip,500" Big Block
back halved,ladders n' coilovers