MC3334 based ignition

Mihai Alexandru mihai_alx at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 12:37:34 GMT 2000

diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
MC3334 based ignition

  Hello,

I intend to build an ignition based on the MC3334
chip.
I have searched the efi archives and found some nice
info about this, but I still have some uncleared
points that I hope someone might answer:

1. Did anyone use a power MOSFET instead of the
MJ10012 ? And if so, which were the changes in the
schematic from Motorola? I intend to use an IRFP450.
2. How should I make the reluctor pickup?

Thank you very much,

Mihai