Mass airflow sensors.

Andrew Brownsword asword at telus.net
Thu Feb 17 02:48:12 GMT 2000

Heh, I hope I'm that sharp.  But I'm a software guy, so I'd prefer a
software solution and building a PIC isn't something I want to get into if I
can help it.  The ECU has the right number of inputs as it is, and has nice
calibrated RPM, IAT, TPS, and Baro readings.  If I get a set of voltage vs.
airflow readings for the MAF I'm going to use, then I can start from there
and tune the new table I'll put in place of the VAF table.  Plenty of room
for that, and the code is trivial (uses existing subroutines).  A full
pressure vs. RPM map would want to be pretty big and would take longer to
tune... I'd guess that I have room for about a 15x10 entry map of 1 byte
entries, and that doesn't seem like enough.

Yeah, its going to take work... but that the whole point of a project car,
isn't it?

Thanks,
   Andrew