IGBT etc.

Sandy Ganz sganz at wgn.net
Thu Feb 17 16:35:43 GMT 2000

The IGBT is a very good choice. Check out what I did with the EFI332
Injector/Ignition drivers. They did require some different values in the
drive vs a standard darlington transistor, but they work really well. The
problem is that the ignition ones like the HGTP14N20's (I can't remember
now) with the internal protection were difficult to get. I think you can
check with Harris they have a bunch of 'Ignition' Rated parts.

Just as a side note you could probably make something with a PIC and have
it do much of the same thing as the moto chip which as I recall was
somewhat hard to get. I think someone even did a PIC Ignition driver a
while back, but can't remember exactly.

Hope this helps out a bit.

Sandy