Dual ign system question

Ken Kelly ken73 at houston.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 18:22:03 GMT 2000

MOV? Metal Oxide Varistor? I believe that's what they use in surge
protectors. Is that what you're talking about?

I have seen these devices, and it didn't seem to have anything to protect it
against the voltage going into the other coil.. You just flip an SPST switch
between coil power supplies. Would it really matter anyway, since it'd just
get converted back into 12v at the other coil power terminal? (This can be
avoided with a diode?)

Ken Kelly (#2)