ECU7

Al Lipper efi at cardozo.org
Fri Feb 18 17:33:57 GMT 2000

Steve,
	I imagine your first step is to build an ECU7 unit.  It sounds like you'll
need several PC boards made, given the number of vehicles you want to use it
for.  Unfortunately, the PCBs are one of the more expensive things to have
done unless you know someone in the business (we got a discounted rate of
$150 for 6 pairs of them).  Please note that the schematics have recently
changed, but the updates have not been incorporated into the PCB layout.  If
you have someone who does PC layouts, the changes are minor (though they
were a pain to do by hand on the boards we already had made).  If you are
not in a rush, we will soon make the changes to the layout ourselves.  Get
your parts together (many are available from Jameco electronics pretty
cheaply - www.jameco.com though the chips mostly have to come from
distributors).  Finally, you'll need the Blue Earth BASIC compiler.  Set up
your test vehicle/engine with injectors, sensors and an electric fuel pump
and you should be able to get things running.  Let me know what your plans
are.  Take care.

		Al

www.sae.org. We are