4-cyl DIS pin-ins

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Sat Feb 19 23:20:20 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm working on a project to possible retrofit a 4-cyl GM DIS
system to a Mazda 4-cyl engine (for a turbo project).  The
Mazda already uses a waste-spark system, but it's powered
directly by the ECU and I would like something self-contained,
the GM units are perfect for this.

I picked up a DIS system off a late 80's Tech-4 GrandAm
today as well as a DIS system off a Chevy.

Both DIS units use the waste-spark coils, but they have
different control lines.

The Chevy DIS has 3 weatherpack plugs and the Pontiac
has only two.

Does anyone have the pin-ins of these DIS units available?

TIA,
-Mike