Data I/O 29B device programmer for sale

Robert W. Hughes rwhughe at ev1.net
Mon Feb 21 15:59:33 GMT 2000

> Carl Summers wrote:
> >
> > Hi Steve,
> >    Do you have the software for it???
> > -Carl Summers
>
> I should have clarified a little.  This programmer dates to 1984 I
> believe, well before there was software on PCs for programming devices.
> It has a serial port, and there is a program called promlink on the
> internet that will download to it from a PC, but that's it.  It's set up

Most of these old programmers will talk with a dumb-terminal emulator.
Hyperterm is about useless and win3Terminal not much better but Procomm
(old DOS app) works well with most of them. Most of will accept several
data formats and have a built in help screen to give you a hint of the
command structure.

--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering