Daewoo ECU wiring online

Wouter de Waal wrm at ccii.co.za
Fri Feb 25 08:11:23 GMT 2000

Hi Ludis & all!

>By blue carrier, do you mean a brown or black bottom with a blue cover
>and the EPROM and two other small chips inside?

This was a while ago. The EPROM is soldered to two rows of sockets,
and the whole thing is inside a plastic carrier. There's two rows
of molex header type pins on the PCB, and a plastic arrangement,
the two plastic parts are keyed so that you can't stick any
EPROM into any ECM.

I assume the color and the keying go together. I can't remember
if both sides were blue or not.

The carrier contains just the EPROM. I stuck short bits of wire
into the sockets, and then stuck the wires into my EXPRO programmer,
and read the EPROM like that. I read it as 64K, but it wraps,
i.e. it's a 32K image.

Wouter