DIY_EFI Digest V5 #7:injector mounting

Carter Shore clshore at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 13:18:53 GMT 2000

Ted:
Sure 2 injectors would work, though if adapting a 4
injector setup (what's the Volvo?) you'd have to
combine the drive pulses, easy if saturated open
collector drivers, maybe more complex if peak/hold.
Still maybe a problem with tradeoff between minimum
pulsewidth at idle vs. WOT flow.
Packaging retro-fit is always a problem, but splayed
mount may make it easier. Don't really need a mill,
good sharp drill with sturdy fabricated guide fixture
would do, then use a reamer to get size.
I'm not a welding artisan, but I can cut and file
aluminum pieces, then glue them up for a prototype
(JB Weld to the rescue!)

Grump:
I'm adapting a bone stock Ford EEC-IV (hiss!!!) SEFI.
Easier to use 4 inj, I'll just have to finagle the ROM
tables. I originally wanted to use the efi332 setup,
but had to drop back. Still an option for the future,
as this is my first cut on a continuing project.
As for wall wetting, archives and list all point to
this as an issue with emissions, and this is a street
car that may be called on to pass the test. If I can
eliminate or minimize it up-front by design, then just
one less problem to deal with.

As always folks, thanks for advice, comments,
critique.

Carter