Opel Barina Pin-outs

Richard Wakeling kojab at ar.com.au
Sat Jan 8 07:34:46 GMT 2000

Hiya all,

I have got my hands on a (Opel) Holden Barina 1998 ECM. Firstly, I'm
pretty sure this model isn't OBD-II compatible and this is what we've
found on the 16 pin OBD-II style connector:

Pin 3 Possible TTL Data Signal?
Pin 4 Chassis Ground
Pin 5 Signal Ground
Pin 7 Measured 12V when Ignition was turned on
Pin 12 ?
Pin 16 12 V

Anyhow, I'm very keen to hook this one up on the bench but the wiring is
different to that of previous computer types. Does anybody have a wiring
diagram or pinout for the ECM? Here's some numbers:
16257119 AJ
Memcal type: CBXD 7066

Also, if anybody could confirm if this model is OBD-II compatible or not
that would be great. As yet, we have not seen an OBD-II GM vehicle in
Australia.

Cheers,
Andrew and Richard Wakeling.