Pulse Width at -40 degrees

John Dammeyer johnd at autoartisans.com
Tue Jan 11 02:10:39 GMT 2000

Hi All,

Other than the fact that the colder air is denser and drier how much longer
should the pulse width be extended relative to a pulse width at say freezing
temperatures?  5% 10% 100% 200%

Is there anyone out there in a cold climate that can measure the pulse width of
a cold engine at -20 to -40 compared to what it is when the engine has been
parked in a garage at just above freezing?

The problem is that where I live the Winter temperature is currently +2C and
still fairly humid in this temperate rain forest.  An engine we have installed
out where it's -20C has a heck of a time starting unless they warm up the engine
compartment with a space heater.  I realize this is a problem that people in
California do not have.  Same with people who only race in the summer.  Anyone
done and DIY_EFI for an ice racer?

Thanks,

John