MC6803U4 info...

Daniel R. Henriksson rotax at ludd.luth.se
Wed Jan 12 19:11:49 GMT 2000

Hi

I'm in the process of reverse-engineering a Weber/Marelli ECU (IAW048/01)
and i need to clarify some things about the CPU.
Does anyone know the difference between the 6803C and the 6803U4?
After digging on the net i have found out that the 6803U4 has an
additional 64 bytes of onboard RAM at 0x40-0x7f.
But i suspect there is some other differences, what about timer
capabilities, there is a new SFR at 0x18 that's supposedly a
timer control register, anyone know the specs. for that register?

If anyone has any additional information then please inform me!

Some of my findings can be viewed at:
http://www.ludd.luth.se/~rotax/

BR
 Daniel Henriksson