Knock on turbo motor.

Scott Croughwell scott at outwest.net
Sun Jan 16 20:44:03 GMT 2000

Hi guys,

Been a lurker on the Digest for a while, and decided I'd speak up some.  :-)

> | Under boost I have noticed that my car has a tendency to ping more at
> | 3000 rpm , which I would guess is the tuned configuration of the motor.

I don't know what kind of car you're driving, but I'd be willing to bet you
have your EGR disconnected.  That will cause knock at certain RPM (depending
on car) even under light loads.  The knock is caused by a lack of exhaust
flow back to the intake which cools the fresh charge.

Scott