Minimum to run GMECM?

jtyler jtyler at ga.prestige.net
Thu Jan 20 13:54:01 GMT 2000

Bruce wrote:

>So you with this limited
>background want to jump in and redesign what gm has spent millions of >dollars on..

Not at all.  The point is NOT to design a ground up system!
In fact you are whom suggested I check into the GM's for a BASIC
FI conversion application.

>2nd, leaving all/most/some of the sensors disconnected negates any
>benefits to running efi,  might as install a carb..

You misunderstood the purpose of the question.  I plan on running
several sensors (except VSS)for the reason you mentioned, but I would like to start with just the ignition, map,temp and TPS if that would work.

So, other than setting service codes, will the ECM run like this,
or will it likely go into a limp home mode of some type?

Jim
Dopey