DIY_EFI Digest V5 #32

Roy spectric at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 13:40:16 GMT 2000

>From Roy Spectrics Ltd

The sole purpose of EGR is to reduce exhaust emisions,
it has a detrimental effect on both engine efficiency
and power output.

To reduce the heating effect EGR has on the incomming
air in the inlet manifold, EGR coolers are being
introduced, so basic EGR does not reduce the incomming
air temperature !.  What it does do is to reduce the
rate at which the flame front travels through the
mixture during combustion.

             Hope this helps Roy

--- DIY_EFI Digest
<DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
wrote:

> DIY_EFI Digest       Thursday, January 20 2000
> Volume 05 : Number 032
>

> In this issue:
>
> 	re:Minimum to run GMECM?
> 	Re: re:Minimum to run GMECM?
> 	Re: Knock
> 	Re: DIY_EFI Digest V5 #29
>
> See the end of the digest for information on
> subscribing to the
> DIY_EFI or DIY_EFI-Digest mailing lists.

> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:53:19 -0500
> From: "jtyler" <jtyler at ga.prestige.net>
> Subject: re:Minimum to run GMECM?
>
> Bruce wrote:
>
> >So you with this limited
> >background want to jump in and redesign what gm has
> spent millions of >dollars on..
>
> Not at all.  The point is NOT to design a ground up
> system!
> In fact you are whom suggested I check into the GM's
> for a BASIC
> FI conversion application.
>
> >2nd, leaving all/most/some of the sensors
> disconnected negates any
> >benefits to running efi,  might as install a carb..
>

> You misunderstood the purpose of the question.  I
> plan on running
> several sensors (except VSS)for the reason you
> mentioned, but I would like to start with just the
> ignition, map,temp and TPS if that would work.
>
> So, other than setting service codes, will the ECM
> run like this,
> or will it likely go into a limp home mode of some
> type?
>
> Jim
> Dopey
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:07:27 -0500
> From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
> Subject: Re: re:Minimum to run GMECM?
>
> You want to run the system, in your own
> configuration, for what ever reason.
> Your not going to like it when your done.
> Look in the archives, for the dozen of so threads
> about deleting the VSS.
> The other inputs are all necessary, also.
> It is far easier to plan things out once, install it
> all, and then fine tune
> something then cob bit by bit together.
> I'm just trying to save you time/money, I been thru
> this dozens of times,
> on+off list.
> You want to ignore this, fine, least I tried
> Grumpy
>
> | You misunderstood the purpose of the question.  I
> plan on running
> | several sensors (except VSS)for the reason you
> mentioned, but I would like
> to start with just the ignition, map,temp and TPS if
> that would work.
> | So, other than setting service codes, will the ECM
> run like this,
> | or will it likely go into a limp home mode of some
> type?
> | Jim
> | Dopey

> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:13:51 -0600

> [...]