Peak and hold vs. saturated injectors

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jan 28 23:01:46 GMT 2000

Is this a boat or car?.
If a car I'd really think about staged injectors.  That way use you 80 for
HO, and add a set of 30s for idle cruise.

| 460 inch Big Block Chevy, twin turbo, liquid/air intercooler. 800 HP @
| 6000 RPM currently, requires only 80 lb/hr. However, it is well within
| reason for this setup to put out 1000 - 1100 HP at 6500 RPM, requiring 105
| lbs/hr. I don't think it is such a good idea to install injectors
| sufficient for current, unmodified, output levels, when I can simply turn
| up the boost, and make some other adjustments, to add HP. I want a
| reasonable amount of overhead to add HP over what I've already got.

| > Yes,  P+H, perfered cycling 1-5 msec,  Sat 2-10msec.  You can verify in
| the archives
| Thanks. That's what I'd heard.
| > Yes, there is a day and night difference in flow rates from brand to
| brand,
| > and style to style.  Kinsler can plot things out for you.  Sure, be nice
| if
| > some folks would share their injector flow charts for time on vs
| pressure.
| Can you recommend any mfg's that make a better product than others?

That's why I was asking if anyone had charts to share.  I'd need to see more
to be able to compare them to make any recommendations.
  The way I see it, for really hi HP applications, use like an oem size
injector, and use some others for when the HP goes crazy, and/or a rising
rate fuel pressure regulator (thou, not for you).