Peak and hold vs. saturated injectors

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Sat Jan 29 01:42:12 GMT 2000

>Is this a boat or car?.
>If a car I'd really think about staged injectors.  That way use you 80 for
>HO, and add a set of 30s for idle cruise.
>
>| 460 inch Big Block Chevy, twin turbo, liquid/air intercooler. 800 HP @
>| 6000 RPM currently, requires only 80 lb/hr. However, it is well within
>| reason for this setup to put out 1000 - 1100 HP at 6500 RPM, requiring 105
>| lbs/hr. I don't think it is such a good idea to install injectors
>| sufficient for current, unmodified, output levels, when I can simply turn
>| up the boost, and make some other adjustments, to add HP. I want a
>| reasonable amount of overhead to add HP over what I've already got.
>
>| > Yes,  P+H, perfered cycling 1-5 msec,  Sat 2-10msec.  You can verify in
>| the archives
>| Thanks. That's what I'd heard.
>| > Yes, there is a day and night difference in flow rates from brand to
>| brand,
>| > and style to style.  Kinsler can plot things out for you.  Sure, be nice
>| if
>| > some folks would share their injector flow charts for time on vs
>| pressure.
>| Can you recommend any mfg's that make a better product than others?
>
>That's why I was asking if anyone had charts to share.  I'd need to see more
>to be able to compare them to make any recommendations.
>  The way I see it, for really hi HP applications, use like an oem size
>injector, and use some others for when the HP goes crazy, and/or a rising
>rate fuel pressure regulator (thou, not for you).

And--furthermore--ditch the Electromotive, and check out Autronics. There
is a link to them on www.turbofast.com.au (Ray Hall). LOTS of the Autronics
ecu's on engines like what you have, and they are MUCH better suited for
doing what you will need to keep the thing together. Richard Lee, Lee
Performance, in Lake Elsinore, CA also does lots of this sort of stuff, at
least for boats. He deals the Autronics, but I doubt if for the best deal.

Greg