SV: Propane EFI - part duece

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Mon Jul 3 01:16:22 GMT 2000

>In the current spirit of KISS, I want to keep this butt simple.
>
>Propane in a tank boils at -43f - but will remain liquid as the pressure
>builds up.  Therefore, liquid propane's pressure varies wildly as to temp -
>requiring a liquid pump, cooler and return system.

It is entirely possible to do liquid propane butt simple!

Use a tank with a liquid feed line--which is what all automotive propane
fuel tanks have anyway, and use engine coolant to (indirectly) warm the
propane TANK to a controlled temperature (which will also be a controlled
pressure).Then run the liquid line through a liquid to ambient air cooler.
THEN (after the cooler) regulate the pressure of the liquid line to
whatever level you want. Be a good idea to include (fixed orifice, very
small will do) return bleeds at any high points in the plumbing to return
any vapor bubbles to the top of the tank.

Greg