Kiss - Holley

rhuish at goldrush.com rhuish at goldrush.com
Mon Jul 3 21:24:17 GMT 2000

On 1 Jul 2000, at 20:25, DIY_EFI Digest wrote:

> CudaBob, I tried one of those Holleys with TPS and RPM
> only, and it was a big step worst than a carb.  I concluded
> no way could TPS only handle air measurement

It's not suprising, an informal survey on another list yielded 50/50
good/bad experences. Some people reported intermittent/bad
injectors, which in many cases were due to improper mfg. (bad
solder joints)

My particular unit took a week to tune. The final trick was changing
the TPS/throttle plate relationship, which enriched the mixture
thereby allowing the two main controls to work around the center of
their range, not at the extreme limits as before. Where I live is a
major tuning "Plus", 200' to 4,000' both 15 minutes away allows me
to quickly check out/change various mixtures.

> An 80s system by Force used a Mass Airflow unit to
> measure air.  It was as simple as the Holley but it worked
> GREAT in all situations including cold start at negative 20
> deg F.  Trouble was the air ducting was messy, and it had
> no feedback loops.  Bruce Roe

Yes, large temp variations are a Projections bugaboo. Although
Summer, Winter settings work for me, more severe climates might
not react well to this method.

CudaBob '65 - Angels Camp, Calif
CudaBob at workmail.com
http://www.goldrush.com/~rhuish/