Accel DFI vs. SpeedPro SEFI8LO?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jul 5 21:47:50 GMT 2000

If you really sit down and look at all the literature, you'll find that all
they really offer is ease of tuning.  Also, that *ease of tuning* is
absolute non sense in my opinion.  To use any aftermarket ecm to it's full
potential is all about tuning.  Ain't nothing majic about it all.  I'm
waiting to hear the full story about Lance Ward's latest engine meltdown
(past week at Bowling green). (BTW he's one of the major contributors to the
Fel-Pro from what I've heard, and the impression he gives).
Tuning is the info., folks least search out, and just seem more then ever to
pay forra *silver bullet*.  Masked Man was sole owner of them all.
  Yes the oem ecms are time intensive to understand, but with that
complexity is power.
  Some of the stuff probably was alot easier to use, or could be, but the
EPA has forced that situation, I doubt if GM loves using as expensive of
pcms as it's been forced to, but since they have without a doubt is only
makes sense to use it to it's full potential.
My opinion, and at one time or another have tinkered with most aftermarket
ecm software.
Grumpy