What to datalog?

C. Brooks cbrooks1 at tqci.net
Sat Jul 8 02:40:17 GMT 2000

I would recommend adding throttle position, fuel pressure, RPM and spark
advance. Those four would do a LOT toward helping you correlate your EGT
readings. Nice to have's would include oil temp (Pre/post turbo?), oil
pressure, wideband 02 might be nice for an additional correlation for the
EGT readings. Maybe add driveshaft RPM to use with engine RPM to calculate
tranny/clutch slippage.

How big are your thermocouples? Will the manufacturer give you the response
curve? I believe they are rated in microvolts/millisecond for response time.
That would let you know your fastest effective sample rate.

Charles Brooks
Mid-Atlantic Speed Shop
http://www.massmotorsports.com