fuel cooling intake air

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 8 02:55:18 GMT 2000

Bruce Plecan tapped away at the keyboard with:
> > >  What will that do to the the cooling
> > >Lessen it.   But, I can take a ton of heat out of things thru
> vaporization.
> > So are you saying, that the intercooler will be less efficient, *but* the
> total cooling effect will be greater by injecting pre-icooler?
>
> Yepper.
>
> > What is the real reason you want to inject pre-icooler?

> Cooling the charge.

Presumably because you can vapourize more, resulting in a greater
pre-cooler temperature loss, as well as a longer path to vapourize
any remaining droplets.

> > I'm interested in this becuase I just started playing with water
> injection, and I am trying to decide where the best place to inject the
> water is. I might try some gasoline or alcohol somewhere also when I lift
> the boost level.
>
> Two things, vaporization, adamization.  Vaporization for cooling the chagre,
> and adamization for detonation supression.

Interesting.

> > I've heard that the serious Rally guys inject before the intercooler when
> using water injection. Don't know the reasoning. Any thoughts?
>
> That's what were talking about,
> pre intercooler is best for vaporization,
> post intercooler (and close to ports) is best for adamization,

What's this "adamization" thing?

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning
Perth, Western Australia