Water injection (was: Re: fuel cooling intake air)

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Tue Jul 11 04:52:41 GMT 2000

"In 1974, S.J. Lestz, R.B. Melton, Jr., and E.J. Rambie took the above
authors' work further and reported similar conclusions in Feasibility of
Cooling Diesel Engines by Introducing Water Into the Combustion Chamber (US
Army Report 750129)."

"The best improvement was achieved by spraying water into the chamber during
the compression stroke. NOx decreased and HC and CO tended to increase. "

Right there:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/rescr/faq/diesel.html