EFI fuel pump and water.

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Thu Jul 13 18:35:14 GMT 2000

At 07:56 PM 7/13/00 +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
>Bruce Plecan tapped away at the keyboard with:
>
>> Trouble is not what **I** consider enough pressure.
>> At 200 PSI you can get a really fine spray, and I haven't seen
>> an EFI capable of that.
>> Folks tend to think of water as corrosive, and forget that it's
>> erosive as hell I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a neat way to
>> do it, here thou
>
>You might want to look at using high-velocity air to shear the water
>into a mist. You may be able to bleed some of your turbo-output
>(pre-intercooler so you still have a higher pressure) to an
>air-nozzle, then use a venturi-suction effect (Bernoulli) to feed in
>the water and to cause it to mist.

A while back while looking for ultrasonic evaporators, I found this:

http://www.dghsys.com/DEFAULT.HTM

They make big commercial humidifiers. Go to that page, click on
"humidifiers" on the left. They have descriptions of each basic
type of humidifier, plus particle sizes it produces, etc. When
you're done there, there is a little more info under "atomizers",
a sub-heading under humidifiers.

They do have water-pressure only units, they run ~200 psi. They
have air-shear units, I think the air pressure needed was a bit
high (~30 psi) for everyday turbo boost apps.

Anyway worth a look for some ideas and some clues as to blind alleys.

   Chris C.