EFI fuel pump and water.

Seth sethea at mediaone.net
Fri Jul 14 00:05:10 GMT 2000

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> > Bruce mentioned needing pressure. So maybe a 12 volt air compressor to
> > pressurize air tanks half full of water?
>
> Getting warm.
>
>  2Liter soda bottles are good
> > for ~150 psi, or so the amateur rocket list members say.
>
> Please.  That's not even a poor idea.  Hot soaks temps can get really high
> exploding plastic is like sharpnel.

So put it in the trunk?  Either way, 150 psi was yield limit. I believe
they said that failure was more like a seam split near the neck, not
splinters. So it might be okay for someone who wants a 50 psi system.
When you think about it, they ARE highly engineered pressure vessels.
Pretty efficient per pound and cost, I think. IIRC, they are several
layers (coextruded? comolded? something like that.)

>  Maybe a CO2
> > fire extinguisher bottle and a really good 12 volt  air compressor?.
>
> Was thinking more of a propane tank accumultor, and then to the storage
> tank.
>
>  Or
> > for short durations, the extinguisher bottles can take LOTS of pressure.
> > A friend said his was hydrotested to 2000+ psi??? I can't remeber for
> > sure, but it was a LOT of pressure. I think you are talking seamless
> > stainless tune to the misting nozzles then, but it might be feasible for
> > a drag racing/tractor pulling setup. Of course you'd have to charge it
> > from a nitrogen bottle, but those are pretty cheap to fill.
>
> Naa, we want to keep the system filled (least I do).   Ever grocery store
> has bottled water in a pinch, not many road side businesses have N, CO2, NOS
> bottles around.
> Bruce
> >
> > -Seth

I was thinking more for the tractor with  >200 psi.  How much pressure
do a/c compressors make?  I think I saw at least one at ~190 psi.
(Definitely not my area of expertise!)  But it may not have been using R-12/134a.

-Seth