EFI fuel pump and water.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jul 14 01:04:37 GMT 2000

> > Please.  That's not even a poor idea.  Hot soaks temps can get really
high
> > exploding plastic is like sharpnel.

> So put it in the trunk?  Either way, 150 psi was yield limit. I believe
> they said that failure was more like a seam split near the neck, not
> splinters. So it might be okay for someone who wants a 50 psi system.
> When you think about it, they ARE highly engineered pressure vessels.
> Pretty efficient per pound and cost, I think. IIRC, they are several
> layers (coextruded? comolded? something like that.)

Friend of mine was a mold maker, and did the mold machining for some major
bottlers.  Just blow molded when he was doing them a few years ago.
Again, pressure vessels ain't to be taken lightly.
Highly engineered, sounds like an overstatement, they carry carbonated
beverages,
50 PSI on a 15 PSI system will wind up with puddles of water, as I see
things.
Grumpy