EFI fuel pump and water.

Carl Summers InTech at writeme.com
Fri Jul 14 04:08:01 GMT 2000

Something I am playing with on the boats in my spare time(yeah right) is a
filtered water system that uses the knock sensor to trigger its' activation
for a period of time to cool and clean the combustion area...while we
haven't figured out exactly how to control this completely we did do some
simple tests on the dyno ie an electric pump and a pair of .080" orifices on
the inlet of the supercharger it seemed to work pretty well and after
stabilization that particular flow(no we didn't go so far as to figure out
that flow rate) reduced the EGT's ~ 100 degrees......although stabilization
seemed to occur within 20 seconds I assume it will not have to be that long
considering the slow response times of the type K TC's we use on the
dyno......the biggest reason for the test was to see if it would affect
particular cylinders or if they would all be pretty even......answer for us
was pretty even.....but we kinda expected it since port injection was having
very uneven EGT's and ended up fueling everything before the
supercharger......We have concluded many reasons for this but the nice thing
with an internal compression supercharger is it helps atomize liquid upon
release because of the internal pressure ratio. Anyways I hope this helps
someone and am looking for suggestions on a universal type filter that would
do some good in salt and all the various fresh waters.....injectors and/or
nozzles will be dealt with after a suitable filter can be had....this is all
pretty much in the thinking stages so all suggestions will be appreciated
and feedback given accordingly....Thanks
-Carl Summers

Click on this link below to see the easiest way to handle internet
transactions.

https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=drsagan%40pacbell.net