spark energy

BowTieVette at aol.com BowTieVette at aol.com
Sat Jul 15 21:43:10 GMT 2000

After sourcing some coil packs I've got my efi332 system up and running from
input stimulator to spark plug.  Right now, I'm using the Ford quad output
DIS coil and I'm curious how to go about calculating spark energy from one of
these things.  More specifically, I'm wondering how it stacks up against the
output of say, a 60's era point type ignition system or against a modern
aftermarket system like MSD or some such.  Can you help with the calcs to put
this in perspective?
TIA
jc