Fuel/Air monitoring

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Thu Jul 20 12:29:52 GMT 2000

Hi Steve,

There are several options for afr meters,  how much do you want to
spend?  The schematic on the diyefi site is the cheapest,  basically a
national chip and 10 leds.  J.C. Whitney sells a version of this that's
all packaged up in a 2" round gage package for $40,  I bought this.
Both of these connect to a standard O2 sensor so they are very limited
in range and usefulness.

At the higher end of the scale there are a few commercial wide range 02
sensors available but they cost in the thousands of dollars.  A diy-efi
project turned commercial is almost ready to start production of a
'low-cost' wide band O2 sensor selling in the $500 range IIRC. I don't
remember the URL but you can search the diy-efi archives for 'EGOR' for
more info.

hth

Bill