Electronic tranny control compatability?

Jim Butler jim.butler at motorola.com
Sun Jul 23 19:16:34 GMT 2000

    I should have clarified some things in my original post.

    Regarding the 4T65E's control means, the information that I got from the
GM Powertrain WWW site on the 4T65E wasn't very complete.  From the cursory
description that GM gave there, the 4T65E and the 4L60E transmissions have
similar control means at the most elementary level.  Clearly other control
means exist on the 4L60E which weren't mentioned on GM's site, as I noted.

    Before we can summarize the control similarities/differences between the
two, we'll need more input from the listmembers, particular on the
4T60E/4T65E.

    I included as much information as I could in the original posting about
the 4L60E in the hope that somebody else post the corresponding information
on the 4T60E/4T65E.

    I'll emphasize that all my information is from my 1995 S10's service
manual.  I'm sure that other 4L60Es have similar control means, but I can't
yet say that they're all the same.  Your mileage may vary.

    Jim

--
Jim Butler

Dan commented to Peter and on the topic in general: