Where to get Bosch LSM-11 sensors at a decent price.

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Thu Jul 27 03:04:12 GMT 2000

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 02:25:39 +0200, Jörgen Karlsson <jurg at pp.sbbs.se>
wrote:

>My engine management system has to use these and the manufacturer's price
>seem a bit high($200!).

Gee, if those are US$, doesn't sound all that high to me. I don't have
any reason whatsoever to hype you, mate, but I can tell you that the way
in which Bosch has made the LSM-11 capable of being use as a WB sensor,
whilst being constructed basically like a normal HEGO, requires some
*very* tight mfg. QA. Since the sensor has no intrinsic free-air
calibration capability, the variation of the calibration curve from
sensor to sensor and with temperature has to be VERY tightly controlled
at the factory.

One o'those rare times you get what you pay for. I wouldn't hold out for
$100/sensor any time soon. What's more likely to happen is they'll be
"end-of-life"d as we used to say in the electronics world, and the price
will gradually climb. Might be time to find the very lowest priced
supplier, and stock up just a bit.

A word to the wise...

Garfossil